Resources / AR Protective Window
This is not just a protective window…..it’s so much more!
The AbraxSys Protective Impact Window is a state-of-the-art glazed window boasts a virtually invisible anti-reflective coating, both front and rear surfaces, allowing viewers to see the finest details in crystal clear color neutrality, while its UV-filtering, abrasion resistant polycarbonate, and anti-static coating offer uncompromising protection of the LCD face.
Features of the Protective Window:
• Virtually eliminates reflections
• Blocks up to 99% of UV rays
• Optimal light transmission protects and brightens colors
• Anti-static protection that immediately dissipates static
• Durable hard coat protects against scratches
• Shatter resistance safeguards against injury and damage to the LCD
• Cleans like glass – no special cleaners needed
• Proprietary coating is engineered for permanence
• Anti-Fingerprint Nano-Technology
• EMI/RFI optical filter coating
• Double-sided, Multi-layer Anti-reflective Coating
• Double-sided hard coat
• Front surface AFP (Anti-fingerprint) Coating (* more information below)
• 98% Transmission average in visible range
• < 0.5% Average reflectance per surface
(*) In addition to being anti-finger print, anti-smudge, anti-dust, water repellent, and anti-oil, it can also resist oxidation and corrosion without affecting light transmission and abrasion resistance. The anti-fingerprint (AFP) effect means that fingerprints on the surface cannot be seen at all by the naked eye, or only very slightly. Although the fingerprint is actually on the surface, it is essentially “invisible". The AFP effect is realized by applying a nano-coating to reduce the optical contrast of fingerprints.
• Abrasion Resistance: 600 rub Cheesecloth per Mil-M-13508C
• Adhesion: # 610 Snap Tape per MIL-C-48497A
• Humidity Resistance: 48hr. (50C, 95% R. H.)
• Solubility: 24 hr. immersion per MIL-C-48497A
• Approximate pencil hardness: > 5H
• AFP approximate contact angle: ~ 90°
Coating & Visual Color Impression (Transmitted & Reflected Color):
- Magnetron sputtered coating helps ensure maximum durability and strength.
- Long-lasting anti-static protection.
- Utilizes hard-coated, abrasion resistant acrylic sheet.
- Won’t oxidize and degrade over time.
- Patented Technology.
- Transmitted color appears color neutral.
- Thin film coatings bonded to substrate at an atomic level
Individual Tests on the AbraxSys Window:
- Passes Photographic Activity Test (PAT) ISO 18916
- Meets ISO 18902 section 3.9
- <1.0E+12 Surface Resistivity (Ohms/square)
- Passes Outgassing Oddy Test
- Passes Humidity Resistance MIL-C-48497A para 126.96.36.199
- Passes RoHS Compliance ASTM B117-03
- Passes Corrosion Resistance (Salt Fog) ASTM B117-03 & B368-03 & B368-97
- Passes Coating Adhesion (Snap Tape) MIL-C-48497A para 188.8.131.52
- Passes Solubility MIL-C-48497A
- Accelerated Aging 2000 hours (~100 years) of Q-sun Xenon Arc Testing at exposure intensity of 100,000 lux properties remain unchanged
The company is a worldwide leader of Industrial, Rail type, Military grade, and Marine type LCD Flat Panel Displays, Panel PC, Sunlight & Daylight Readable Technology, Fully-Enclosed Touch Screen Computers and Workstations.
Pipersville, Pennsylvania U.S.A.