Home / News / Press Releases
/ New 12.1" WIDE Video Format Sunlight Readable LCDs
AbraxSys Announces the Release of a New 12.1" WIDE Video Format Sunlight Readable
Baton Rouge, Louisiana- This new series offers a wide video format 12.1"
industrial grade LCD TFT with a resolution of WXGA 1280 x 800. These rugged systems are well suited for many applications, including industrial HMI's, surveillance
camera monitors, vehicles, marine usage, ATM, plus so much more. This industrial series also offers an
unmatched array of monitor options, so monitors can easily be custom configured to meet individual customer
requirements. This product line is very ruggedly built, features
long-life true industrial grade TFT LCD displays with no scheduled End Of Life. Incorporating the latest in
Sunlight Readability LCD (1000 nits) and control electronics customers are assured of a display the will
perform reliably in harsh industrial environments.
Standard LCD touch screen computers are fine for most indoor applications, but they are
challenged in outdoor, rugged or environmentally extreme applications. For these applications, commercial displays
are all but useless. The choice are either make the display washout less, or make the display brighter; and in some
cases, both options. The OEM display manufacturers are not focused on these extreme markets and applications. This
is where AbraxSys helps the display customer. The AbraxSys line of high performance sunlight readable displays are
ideal for outdoor or harsh environments where top performance is required.
Features of the new modules are as
• WXGA 1280 x 800 Resolution
• Mechanical Configurations: NEMA 4 (IP65) Panel Mount, NEMA 4X (IP66) Panel Mount, Rack Mount
• 5 units high mechanical design
• Both the Front Bezel and
Rear Housing are constructed of high Grade Aluminum and have been
Zinc-Chromate Dipped and finished with a Corrosion Resistant Thermoset UV-stable Black
• For Panel
Mounted models, 10-32 Stainless mounting studs, 1/2” exposed
• Super-wide viewing angles,
high brightness/contrast and vivid color
• Super-wide, 176-degree horizontal and vertical viewing angles ensure excellent visibility,
for off-center-viewing installations.
• High brightness of 1000 cd/m2 and high contrast ratio of 1,000:1 for easy viewing in bright
• Optical Film Enhancements which boosts efficiency of the backlight's light utilization and
the surface reflection of ambient light. The result is a transmissive enhancement that
higher contrast and a wider range of colors, even in bright outdoor light, than
reflective LCDs. CLICK
HERE for more information.
• 72% color gamut on NTSC standards.
• Optical Bonding of 3mm Front Protective Impact Window or Touch
( for more information about its benefits click HERE )
• 3mm Optical Grade Sparkle Free Front Protective
Impact Window or Touch Screen Window
• Market-leading operational temperature range
• Exceptionally wide range of operational temperatures, from -10 degrees C to 70 degrees C,
to withstand severe outdoor environments.
• Long-life, inverter-less backlight through use of white light-emitting diodes (LED)
• Circuit board-embedded LED driver
• LED backlight has a typical operating half-life of 100,000 hours
( For More Info 100,000 Hours
• Environmental awareness: Mercury-free and fully compliant with Europe's Restriction of
Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS).
For more information:
Panel Mountable Model: AS121P4WHB2
Rack Mountable Model: AS121RWHB2
The company is a worldwide leader of Industrial, Rail type, Military
grade, and Marine type LCD Flat Panel Displays, Panel PC, Sunlight & Daylight Readable Technology,
Fully-Enclosed Touch Screen Computers and Workstations.
6161 Kellers Church Rd
Pipersville, PA 18947, U.S.A.